The Sri Lanka Climate Fund is a government owned company established under the companies’ Act No.7 of 2007 of Sri Lanka. Functioning under Ministry of Mahaweli Development & Environment, it does provide a series of environmental services for both public and private sector. Up to 2016, company was known as Sri Lanka Carbon Fund and as operation, widens, to attribute a more value and recognition, the name was changed into Sri Lanka Climate Fund.
Sri Lanka Climate Fund (SLCF) is meticulously structured to cope with both public and private sector. Together with the support from local and global stakeholders, company endeavours to build a new low-carbon business economy in the country. Optimizing carbon emission performance in existing facilities, company explores more potential for new effective low carbon solutions through innovative strategies and collaboration with local and International market.
A Carbon neutral and Climate Resilient Blue Green Economy.
To support the nation of Sri Lanka to achieve low carbon and climateresilient blue green development.
- To support the nation of Sri Lanka to achieve low carbon and climate resilient blue green development.
- To catalyse private investment for mitigating and adapting to climate change in commercially sustainable ways.
- To demonstrate commercially viable, public-private business models for addressing climate change and environmental problems
- To reduce the cost of clean energy generation by enhancing the effectiveness of financial instruments, promoting, monetizing and utilizing carbon
- credits and creating new financing instruments where possible.
- To be a conduit and point of contact for receiving and utilizing international climate finance, including those of the (Green Climate Fund,
- Adaptation Fund) and private investment for the development of environmental and clean energy solutions for Sri Lanka.
The Sri Lanka Climate Fund is committed to provide climate change mitigation, adaption and certification services to enhance customer satisfaction by identifying & fulfilling customers' needs for value addition and continual improvement of clients' products, services and systems by employing a motivated work force with high professionalism and technical knowhow.
SLCF is committed to implement and maintain the quality GHG emissions and removals and continually improve its effectiveness. SLCF is geared to earn confidence and trust of clients for performing impartial and competent third party audits by utilizing the services of independent professionals and ensuring effective customer feedback.